- Low-cost 16 or 32- channel expansion
- Supports 2 (32 channel) or 4-wire (16 channel) switching
- Supports unlimited Daisy-Chaining of multiple boards with only two control signals
- Compatible with numerous control modules
- Transient protection on power and control inputs. Spark gaps on all channels
- Very low operating and quiescent power
- Compact footprint
- Power Requirements | 9-16 VDC (unregulated)
- Quiescent Current | 100 μA (Mux Not Enabled)
- Channel Activated Current (2-wire) | 42 mA
- Channel Activated Current (4-wire) | 42 mA
- Control Line Input Impedance | >10 KΩ
- Control Line Input Levels | 5 V thru 12 V (16 V max)
- Contact Isolation Voltage | 1500 V rms
- Dimensions (L×W×H) | 165 × 85 × 25 mm
- Operating Temp | −40 to +70°C (−40 to +160°F)
- Relay Contact Type | Gold-clad silver alloy
- Relay on Resistance | 75 milliohms
- Relay Coil Resistance | 1,028 ohms
- Relay Operate Time | ~2 milliseconds
- Relay Release Time | ~1 milliseconds
- Relay Max Switching Voltage | 125 VAC, 110 VDC
- Relay Max Switching Current | 2 A
- Relay Mechanical Life | Minimum 108 Cycles
- Gas Tube Breakover Voltage | 75 VDC
- Gas Tube Current Limit | 1kA
Provides reliable and economical 16-channel (4-wire) or 32-channel (2-wire) channel expansion
The MiniMux is designed to expand the number of instruments that can be read by a compatible Automatic Data Acquisition System (ADAS). It supports two switching modes, 16 channel by 4-wire switching, or 32 channel by 2-wire switching. An easily accessible board mounted switch configures the switching mode.
Low contact resistance relays provide compatibility with a wide range of instruments, including vibrating wire, resistance strain gage, thermocouples, linear potentiometers and 4-20mA, among others.
Two control inputs provide for activating the MiniMux and then advancing through the channels. The control inputs are compatible with a wide variety of control modules including those manufactured by Campbell Scientific, Sutron and Datataker. Contact Canary Systems for MCU support from other manufacturers.
Transient protection on the control inputs provides high reliability from electrical transients whether ESD or lightning. The power inputs are also equipped with transient protection.
All components have been selected for ultra-high reliability and function in demanding environments that may include high heat, humidity and/or dust.
The MiniMux may be packaged directly into the Automatic Data Acquisition System (ADAS) enclosure or installed in a variety of standard enclosures. Contact Canary Systems for enclosure and cable entry options.
The complete list of features and specifications is detailed on the MiniMux Data Sheet