- Low-cost 4 or 8-channel expansion
- Supports 2 (8-channel) or 4-wire (4-channel) switching
- Compatible with numerous control modules
- Transient protection on power and control inputs
- Very low operating and quiescent power
- Power Requirements | 9-16 VDC (unregulated)
- Quiescent Current | < 0.1 µA (Mux Not Enabled)
- Channel Activated Current (2-wire) | 42 mA
- Channel Activated Current (4-wire) | 42 mA
- Control Line Input Impedance | <10 KΩ
- Control Line Input Levels | 5 V thru 12 V (16 V max)
- Contact Isolation Voltage | 1500 V
- Relay Contact Type | Gold-clad silver alloy
- Relay on Resistance | 50 milliohms
- Relay Coil Resistance | 1,028 ohms
- Relay Operate Time | ~2 milliseconds
- Relay Release Time | ~1 milliseconds
- Relay Max Switching Voltage | 125 VAC, 110 VDC
- Relay Max Switching Current | 2 A
- Relay Mechanical Life | Minimum 108
- Dimensions (L×W×H) | 165 × 85 × 25 mm
- Operating Temp | −40 to +85°C (−40 to +185°F)
Provides reliable and economical 4-channel (4-wire) or 8-channel (2-wire) channel expansion
The MicroMux is designed to expand the number of instruments that can be read by a compatible Automatic Data Acquisition System (ADAS). It supports two switching modes, 4 channel by 4-wire switching, or 8 channel by 2-wire switching. An internal switch configures the switching mode.
Low contact resistance relays provide compatibility with a wide range of instruments, including vibrating wire, resistance strain gage, thermocouples, linear potentiometers and 4-20mA, among others.
Two control inputs provide for activating the MicroMux and then advancing through the channels. Logic levels for either the enable or clocking input can utilize 5V to 12V logic input, with a maximum input of 16V. The control inputs are compatible with a wide variety of control modules including those manufactured by Campbell Scientific, Sutron and Datataker.
Transient protection on the control inputs provides high reliability from electrical transients whether ESD or lightning. The power inputs are also equipped with transient protection and reverse-polarity protection.
All components have been selected for ultra-high reliability and function in demanding environments that may include high heat, humidity and/or dust.
The complete list of features and specifications is detailed on the MicroMux Data Sheet