Canary Systems is an industry leader in geotechnical and structural instrumentation and monitoring. Our firm offers a unique blend of professional engineering services, software solutions, and hardware engineering and manufacturing in the fields of dam safety, mining and infrastructure.
We are looking to immediately fill this full-time position as Civil Engineer at our dam safety group office in Chattanooga, TN. This is a junior to staff level opportunity for a dynamic individual looking for career growth opportunities.
Responsibilities may include:
- Participate in the evaluation of dams, levees, and other water resource structures.
- Review client monitoring data. Provide analysis and suggestions on structure performance, system maintenance, and other monitoring issues.
- Field work including: supervise drilling crews, log soil borings and rock core, monitor and install instrumentation and inspection.
- Write technical reports, proposals, and construction documents for engineering projects.
- Interface and coordinate with clients.
- Support client-side implementation of computing and data collection platforms. Build client monitoring databases and help manage project installations.
- Other duties as assigned.
Preferred Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum years of experience: 1-4
- Education required: BS Degree in Geology, Geotechnical Engineering, Civil Engineering, or related.
- Skills required: Experience or coursework in soil mechanics, geotechnical engineering, and field geology.
- Registrations/Certifications preferred: EIT
- Experience with geotechnical and/or structural monitoring implementations.
- Geotechnical data reduction and presentation methods experience.
- Instrumentation, electronics, and computer background.
What we offer:
- Work in a highly motivated team of professionals.
- A unique work experience across a multitude of markets and disciplines.
- Travel to and work at exciting and unusual locations.
- Career and growth opportunity.
- Competitive salary and benefits.
Some travel will be required. A valid driver’s license and clean driving record is required for this position. Salary commensurate with education and experience. We are an equal opportunity employer.
No phone calls please.
Please send letter of interest and resume in confidence to:
Canary Systems, Inc.
5 Gould Road
New London, NH 03257
No phone calls please.