Canary Systems is an industry leader in geotechnical and structural instrumentation and monitoring solutions. Our firm offers a unique blend of engineering services, software solutions, and hardware engineering and manufacturing in the fields of dam safety, mining and infrastructure.
We are looking to immediately fill this full-time position as Instrumentation Engineer/Technician at our dam safety group office in Chattanooga, TN. This is a junior to staff level opportunity for a dynamic individual looking for career growth in the field of civil engineering related monitoring and instrumentation applications.
Responsibilities may include:
- Design, installation and maintenance of instrumentation and telemetry hardware
- Install and upgrade data collection systems hardware and software
- Build monitoring system databases including sensor input configuration and data charting
- Coordinate system support or provide support as needed
- Create drawings, wiring diagrams and schematics, and perform drafting functions using CAD and schematic capture software
- Provide hardware and software training to end users
- Other duties as assigned.
Preferred Qualifications and Experience:
- Education required:
- AS or AAS degree in Engineering Technology, Electrical/Electronics Engineering Technology, Computer Systems, Electromechanical Technology, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum years of experience: 1-4
- Electronics hardware experience:
- Instrumentation and electronics background
- Telemetry technologies including Wi-Fi, radios, modems, satellite
- Geotechnical/structural monitoring implementations
- Computer software experience:
- Experience with Microsoft Workstation and Server OS’s
What we offer:
- Work in a highly motivated team of professionals
- A unique work experience across a multitude of markets and disciplines
- Travel to and work at exciting and unusual locations nationally and internationally
- Career and growth opportunity
- Competitive salary and benefits
Some travel will be required. A valid driver’s license and clean driving record is required for this position. Salary commensurate with education and experience. We are an equal opportunity employer.
No phone calls please.
Please send letter of interest and resume in confidence to:
Canary Systems, Inc.
5 Gould Road
New London, NH 03257
No phone calls please.