Canary Systems is an electronic hardware and software engineering firm specializing in civil engineering related monitoring and instrumentation applications. Projects include monitoring of earth and concrete dams, bridges, tunnels and buildings. We operate in several markets including construction, mining, geotechnical, and industrial and public infrastructure.
We are looking for a full-time Electronics Technician for our New London, NH office. The Electronics Technician will be supporting our Engineering Manager and our Production Manager in most aspects of assembly, test, production and support for our electronic hardware products.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create drawings, wiring diagrams and schematics, and perform drafting functions using CAD and schematic capture software
- Generate assembly and test procedures
- Maintain engineering documentation such as product specifications, assembly procedures and BOMs
- Audit engineering data and related documents to ensure accuracy
- Work with other engineers to help transition new product designs from development to prototype to production
- Assist technical writers and marketing in the production of hardware product documentation
- Cooperate with assembly technicians and the Engineering Manager and Production Manager to ensure compliance with design specifications and help identify and recommend modifications
- Assist Engineering Manager and Production Manager in other manufacturing related tasks, as needed
- Component level troubleshooting and repair of through-hole and SMT circuit boards.
- Experience with CAD software (DraftSite, Altium, or equivalents) in a manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of electronics and electrical circuitry and design.
- Experience with multiple types of test equipment including DVM’s, oscilloscopes, frequency generators, frequency counters, among others.
- Strong PC skills including knowledge of Microsoft Windows® and Office®
- Electrical/electronics engineering education
- Battery powered data acquisition electronics technologies
- Instrumentation technologies
- Communication technologies including Wi-Fi, radios, modems, satellite
Our ideal candidate is:
- Able to work independently
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Excellent communicator
What we offer
- Work in a highly motivated team of professionals
- A unique work experience across a multitude of markets and disciplines
- Work in a prime New England location
- Career and growth opportunity
- Competitive salary and benefits
Some travel may be required. Salary commensurate with education and experience. We are an equal opportunity employer.
No phone calls please.
Please send letter of interest and resume in confidence to:
Canary Systems, Inc.
5 Gould Road
New London, NH 03257
No phone calls please.