Canary Systems is an industry leader in geotechnical and structural instrumentation and monitoring. Our firm offers a unique blend of professional engineering services, software solutions, and hardware engineering in the fields of dam safety, mining and infrastructure.
We are seeking a full-time licensed Civil or Geotechnical Engineer at our dam safety group office in Chattanooga, TN. This is a staff to senior level opportunity for a dynamic individual looking for career growth opportunities.
Responsibilities may include:
- Project and client management
- Business development
- Lead the evaluation and/or inspection of dams, levees, and other water resource structures.
- Review monitoring system and instrumentation data. Conduct analysis and provide recommendations related to structural performance, system maintenance, and other monitoring issues.
- Write technical reports, proposals, and construction documents for engineering projects.
- Support client-side implementation of computing and data collection platforms. Coordinate the configuration of client monitoring databases and help manage project installations.
- Other duties as assigned.
Preferred Qualifications and Experience:
- Licensed Professional Engineer
- Minimum years of experience: 5+
- Education required: MS Degree in Geology, Geological Engineering, Civil Engineering, or related
- Experience with geotechnical and/or structural monitoring or instrumentation
- Geotechnical data analysis or modeling
- Instrumentation, electronics, and computer background helpful
What we offer:
- Work with a team of highly motivated of professionals.
- A unique work experience across a multitude of markets and disciplines.
- Travel to and work at exciting and unusual locations.
- Career and growth opportunity.
- Competitive salary and benefits.
We are an international company with a dams practice primarily in the continental United States. Some travel will be required. A valid driver’s license and clean driving record is required for this position. Salary commensurate with professional registration, education, and experience. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Please send letter of interest and resume in confidence to:
Canary Systems, Inc.
5 Gould Road
New London, NH 03257
No phone calls please.