Canary Systems is an electronic hardware and software engineering firm located in the beautiful Lake Sunapee region of New Hampshire. We specialize in civil engineering related monitoring and instrumentation applications and operate in several markets including construction, mining, geotechnical, industrial and public infrastructure.
We are looking to immediately fill this full-time position in our New London, NH office.
The Chief Financial Officer (CFO) will be responsible for company financials, corporate organization and several business initiatives. The CFO will work closely with company principals, the President in particular, to organize and strategize regarding operational issues and company growth.
- Direct the financial, administrative, and risk management operations of the company.
- Develop metrics and KPI’s and working with groups to ensure conformance.
- Develop budgets including financial and operational strategies for all company groups.
- Work with in-house bookkeeper to monitor cash flow and forecasts.
- Work with in-house bookkeeper to develop cost profiles for all groups, projects, products, staff.
- Manage 3rd party accounting and legal resources on International, Federal and State tax filings.
- Prepare quarterly and annual financial reports for managers and directors.
- Develop financial strategies and plans to support company growth and expansion.
- Develop strategic partnerships with vendors, consultants and A&E firms.
- Manage banker and potential investor relationships.
- Manage employee benefit plans including maximizing cost effectiveness.
- Master’s degree in accounting or business administration, or equivalent business experience.
- Demonstrable high-level mathematical ability.
- Experience with small business (<$5M) financials and organization.
- US State and Federal corporate law and tax law.
- MBA in Finance and/or Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Technology background including web data platforms
- International corporate law
- International tax law
Person Best Suited to Position:
- Excellent communicator
- Highly organized
- Detail oriented
- Self motivated
Some travel may be required. A valid driver’s license and clean driving record is required for this position. Salary commensurate with education and experience. We are an equal opportunity employer.
No phone calls please.
Please send letter of interest and resume in confidence to:
Canary Systems, Inc.
5 Gould Road
New London, NH 03257
No phone calls please.